Back to forum
recovery

Taking rest days

by Anonymous 51d ago

Sundays are supposed to be my day off, but I just spend them sitting on the couch and I'm not sure if this is productive or what I should be doing on my days off. I feel like I should be stretching, rolling out, practicing variation details, or doing cross-training. It feels like if I’m not actively working on my body, but at the same time I know I need to give my body some time to rest. How do you all spend your rest days so that it's relaxing and productive?

Comments (2)

Comments are moderated
AAnonymous· 49d ago

try giving yourself something like structured rest. if doing nothing feels too hard right now, make your rest active for your mind instead of your body. i would say like read a book, draw, bake, or do something totally unrelated to dance. just remind yourself that you are a whole human being outside of ballet!

AAnonymous· 49d ago

Honestly, I treat my rest day like an assignment. My body needs 24 hours without impact so my joints don't inflame. If I skip my rest day, I perform worse on Monday morning. so i honestly think staying on the couch is fine

Ballet Hub logoBalletHub

© 2026 Ballet Hub. Connecting the ballet community.